We don’t just plant fruits and veggies, we cultivate better communities
Our mission is simple: To empower communities to better themselves from within.
In South Phoenix, and other challenged communities where we work, there are high rates of incarceration, poor health choices and a low ranking education system.
So how do we combat these challenges? Asset Based Community Development (ABCD).
That just means we don’t give a hand out, we give the community a hand up.
How we empower communities to help themselves
- Restore pride in a community through beautification of vacant lots.
- Inspire people to volunteer and engage in their community.
- Provide youth the skills they need to prepare them for employment—and a better life.
- Provide people on-the-job opportunities through landscaping, planting in community gardens, and selling and marketing what they grow at farmers’ markets.
Our values: “TIGER”
- Tenacity: Aggressively change your own condition
- Integrity: Strive for authenticity and honesty in living one’s life
- Greatness: Dare to be epic and proud
- Empowerment: Take responsibility for life choices and their outcomes
- Resiliency: Never give up