TigerMountain Foundation (TMF)
Passage to a stronger community
Who We Are:
TigerMountain Foundation’s mission is to empower people by building flourishing community gardens, providing life skills support and workforce development through neighborhood revitalization and beautification.
As a change agent for healthy living, TMF envisions a healthy community where all citizens can reach their maximum potential.
What We Do:
Through our model of Asset Based Community Development, we motivate communities to better themselves from within. In South Phoenix and other challenged communities where we work, there are high patterns of incarceration, bad health choices and a low ranking education system along with closed schools.
To combat these challenges, we work hard to educate and inspire people within a broad intergenerational and multi-ethnic background. We have two important focus areas that govern and power the educational, instructional and mentoring engines of TigerMountain Foundation:
- Community Gardens (Produce Production)
Through several years of seeing our impact, we have found that long term success looks like the following:
- The restoration of pride in community through the beautification of vacant lots
- A reduction of recidivism (80% of TMF participants stay in school or out of jail as opposed to the community’s current 81% jail recidivism)
- A more productive youth with additional skills to prepare for employment and a better life
- A stronger spirit of volunteerism and community engagement
How You Can Help:
- Volunteer your time and expertise to help work in our community gardens; deliver fresh produce to a downtown food pantry; provide landscaping work to help low-income families
- Donate cash to support our work (your donation can be BOTH a federal tax deduction and a state tax credit–meaning up to $400 annually will cost you nothing)
- Donate tools, lawn/garden furniture, etc.
Thank you for caring about making our communities a better place to live for all!